Click here to download resume as a PDF Document
3233 Garfield Street
Hollywood, Florida 33021
Critically-acclaimed Graphic Design Professional with over 20 exprience years as an Art Director, Designer, Illustrator, Photographer, Marketing Strategist, able to incorporate unique and compelling products, services, and ideas with diversified experience in all aspects of graphic design from development through to project completion.
Expertise; Art Design/Direction, Branding, Publishing, Print Collateral, Magazine/Newspaper/Direct Mail Advertising, Pre-Press Production, Web Page Design and Optimization.
Creative Edge with traditional design skills. Consistently utilize optimum creativity to innovate viable and state-of-the-art concepts. Able to translate ideas into realities. Exceptional with brand identity/marketing campaigns.
Outstanding multiple project manager & problem solver. Prioritize/synchronize all elements of project life cycle to ensure optimum efficiency. Meet strict deadlines under budget. Organize/implement Trade Shows and Exhibitions.
Marketing strategist with a vital network of business/industry contacts. Instrumental in the acquisition of new business. Strong client rapport from diverse cultural backgrounds.
Bilingual; English and Spanish.
Advanced Technology/Computer Skills include; Adobe Creative Suite (Photo Shop, Illustrator, and In-Design), QuarkXPress, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Mac and PC platforms.
Proven ability to exceed client/company expectation. Dedicated to developing cutting-edge solutions and generating revenue while learning/growing within a progressive organization. Committed to Excellence!
Miami Marlins - Miami, Florida
February 2019 to November 2019
Built and lead a team dedicated to producing the best story telling creative through visual representation including print, video and social media. As part of the Marketing Department, reporting to the Senior Vice President, Marketing; Community Relations, responsible for the creative vision, implementation, and execution of the Miami Marlins brand. Oversee the design team, video team, animators project manager and copy writer.
• Responsible for leading a highly creative and productive team to develop creative direction, set creative parameters, and implement a creative experience for the Miami Marlins with a focus on developing branded content and experiences across all platforms.
• Work within budget parameters to create and maintain an excellent standard for all branded creative that reinforces the brand vision, values, and positioning attributes while delivering on business goals.
• Creative Director will work with internal key stalk holders [Corporate Sales, Ticket Sales, Suites, Marketing and Digital] to develop content ideas while still maintaining the creative parameters of the brand.
• Manage internally and externally driven creative.
• Manage project manager to estimate and manage project budgets and schedules.
• Grow and develop talent.
• Implemented and maintained Wrike Project Management System.
• Collaborate with the Digital team to insure consistent social media experience
• Work externally with agencies, and other internal and external creative resources to bring the best thinking, imagination, and creativity to the position.
Structured Cable Products, Inc - Dania Beach, Florida
March 2018 to Present
Global manufacturer and supplier of low voltage cables and accessories for the residential and commercial Custom
Installation, A/V and Pro A/V, Security, Satellite/Cable, and Data/Telecom markets.
• Design original artwork, including branding, illustrations and infographics
• Product Level- packaging design, artwork, labeling, technical data sheets, sales sheets
• Interface with company management and sales team for creation of sales support materials and collateral insuring
consistent brand messaging for SCP- Structured Cable Products, Current Audio and Pulse Eight.
• Professional communication and interaction with OEM customers for private label manufacturing including product packaging, labeling, etc
• Professional communication and interaction with overseas factory team to design, develop, and ensure correctness of all submitted packaging, designs, and technical support materials
• Collaborate with Digital Marketing Manager to develop and deliver product materials for website, email, social media
• Manage master product list in Excel and coordinate with factory that all data sheets and technical documents are received
• Manage company bi-annual product catalog from development to print
• Generate ideas to portray concepts and advertise products/services
• Maintain brand consistency throughout all our marketing projects
For Eyes / GrandVision - Miramar, Florida
Feb 2017 to Oct 2017
Senior Graphic Designer
Responsible for POP creation of all elements both internal and external that portray the For Eyes brand as well as, JC Penny Optical totaling over 120 retail stores.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
• Develop print, web and in store materials. Including print advertising, direct mail, flyers, signage, POP displays, window wraps, website, web banners,
social media posts
• Responsible for delivering final print ready files to vendors
• Submit print jobs and optimize in-store customer touchpoints from a creative perspective
• Development and maintenance of For Eyes brand book and planograms
AdServices, Incorporated - Hollywood, Florida
2007 to 2017
Team Leader / Graphic Designer
Recruited by this premier advertising agency providing large production print for 500 accounts, reaching 36 markets with $5+ million in annual sales in national advertising, marketing, media and public relations/promotional campaigns. As a lead creative designer, responsible for all aspects of print including branding, logo design, print advertising, direct mail, billboards, packaging and newsletters. Responsibilities also included web template design and video editing.
Clientele; Trane Air Conditioning, Rick Case Automotive, Bruce Rossmeyer Harley Davidson and Florida Youth Orchestra
· Spearhead leading edge strategies to advance new business initiatives, transition strategies into tactical plans to drive revenue growth
and maximize the image and exposure of AdServices, Incorporated.
· Responsible for designing advertising materials including logos, direct mail, brochures, newspaper/magazine ads, promotional flyers and newsletters
· Key role in providing superior client/customer service solutions.
· Recognized for in-depth knowledge of the creative process, with an outstanding ability to manage projects under aggressive deadlines, under budget constraints
without sacrificing integrity or a creative edge.
World Music 4All Publications/Canadian Print Music - Pembroke Pines, Florida
2005 to 2007
Hired by the largest print sheet music publisher and distributor in Canada with over $5 million in annual sales featuring the best selling artists and record labels serving markets throughout the world. Responsible for all print and digital applications including book covers, print advertising, packaging, animated web banners and business to business solutions via the www.worldmusic4all.com website. Areas of focus included new business development, marketing, budget planning, maximizing revenue, task management, quality assurance, research, staff training, trade shows, and comprehensive client service.
· Hired and directed top photographers for in-house photo shoots and with contracted employees.
· Exceptional at coordinating and managing multiple priorities and projects accomplishing both short and long range objectives within set and approved budgets.
· Wrote copy for marketing materials.
· Recognized for in-depth knowledge of creative, current, and customized processes/programs, tremendous with a strong visual and distinctive stylistic approach.
· Provided leadership and direction for all assigned programs and organizational goals and initiatives.
Miami Executive Aviation/Louisville Executive Aviation
Executive Air Services/Experience Aviation - Miami, Florida
2006 to 2007
Graphic Design Specialist / Marketing Coordinator
Selected by this hi-end Fixed Based Operation and Aircraft Sales Broker to provide creative direction for all advertising campaigns, print collateral, signage, displays, PowerPoint presentations and specialty products.
· Redesigned corporate branding.
· Copy writing for marketing materials.
· Trade show planning and coordinating for (NBAA) National Business Aviation Association Convention.
· Event planning and coordinating for Super Bowl XLI Host Committee, The Miami Boat Show, The Air and Sea Show, and Art Basel Miami.
· Marketing for non for profit organization Experience Aviation World Tour
· Media buying and planning.
Warner Brothers Publications – Miami Lakes, Florida
1992 to 2005
Chosen to create and execute original design concepts for this famous print music publisher producing over 2,000 titles with a worldwide distribution and sales of $55+ million annually. Creative design encompassed music/song books, sheet music, educational music products, instructional materials, DVD packaging, DVD menu design, video production and advertising/marketing materials. Emphasis on budget control, revenue, P&L accountability, trade shows, customer relations/management, and implementation of all programs in pursuit of corporate goals and objectives. Hired, trained and directed a staff of 15 including 12 artists and 4 assistants.
· As staff manager, reviewed portfolios of new hires and executed annual reviews of 6 new artists.
· Developed effective and compelling creative material that reflected artists, companies, and branding initiatives.
· As Art Director, continuously communicated and coordinated with music industry executives, individual artists’ managers, illustrators and photographer throughout
project life cycle.
· A visionary leader, conducted monthly cross-department meetings to address design and production issues.
· Consulted with clients, identified business needs, and served as a project liaison through the design, development and implementation of each project to enhance
quality service and attain client goals.
· Built outstanding reputation providing technical, innovative, unique, and cutting-edge graphic designs for the music industry.
Miami-Dade Community College Miami, Florida
1997 to 1999
Adjunct Professor/Graphic Design Department
Klucar Design - Hollywood, Florida
1989 to Present
Creative Director / Artist / Marketing Consultant
Conceived and developed this art and graphic design company with emphasis on new business initiatives to establish and maintain clients and provide marketing strategies and solutions.
Clientele; Universal Music, Machete Music, Miami Monthly Magazine, Simply the Best Magazine, Fort Lauderdale’s Riverwalk Blues and Music Festival, Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood Airport, Universal Studios, and The Florida Marlins
Licensed Artist for; Grant Sterling Art Publishers, AG Mobile (American Greetings), Def Jam Mobile, Univision Movil, and BlueMountain.com.
EDUCATION AND SEMINARS
Miami Dade College – Miami, Florida - 1992
Associates Degree, Graphic Design
Zenger-Miller’s Frontline Leadership Management Seminar- January, 1999
Preflighting Files by Graphics of the Americas Seminar – January, 1998
Adobe Photoshop Seminar by AIGA – June, 1996
HOME GRAPHIC DESIGN ILLUSTRATION VIDEO CONTACT